What is liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that uses a suction technique to remove fat from specific areas of the body, such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms or neck. Liposuction also shapes (contours) these areas. Other names for liposuction include lipoplasty and body contouring.
Liposuction isn’t typically considered an overall weight-loss method or a weight-loss alternative. If you’re overweight, you’re likely to lose more weight through diet and exercise or through bariatric procedures — such as gastric bypass surgery — than you would with liposuction.
laborum et dolorum fuga. Et harum quidem rerum facilis est et expedita distinctio.. Duas molestias excepturi sint.
Is Liposuction Safe?
- Contour irregularities: Uneven fat removal during the process may result in poor skin elasticity and bumpy or wavy skin appearance. These changes may be permanent.
- Fluid accumulation: Seromas, or temporary pockets that are filled with fluid, may develop as a result of the surgery and can be drained with a needle.
Know that you are in the best of hands with Nguyen Plastic Surgery and if you have some specific concerns, please don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation so we can talk through your concerns on side effects.
- Infection: Although rare, skin infections may develop.
- Numbness: Temporary or permanent numbness in the surgical area may be the result of the surgery.
Benefits of Liposuctions
- Lymphedema: A chronic, or long-term, condition in which excess fluid known as lymph collects in tissues, causing edema, or swelling. The edema commonly occurs in the arms or legs. Liposuction is sometimes used to reduce swelling discomfort, and pain.
- Gynecomastia: Sometimes fat accumulates under a man’s breasts.
- Lipodystrophy syndrome: Fat accumulates in one part of the body and is lost in another. Liposuction can improve the patient’s appearance by providing a more natural looking body fat distribution.
- Extreme weight loss after obesity: A person with morbid obesity who loses at least 40 percent of their BMImay need treatment to remove excess skin and other abnormalities.
- Lipomas: These are benign, fatty tumors.
What Exacty Is a Tummy Tuck?
- Surgical removal of excess, hanging and draping abdominal skin
- Surgical removal of excess bulging fat by both liposuction and direct excision.
- Surgical tightening of weak abdominal wall muscles to correct forward protrusion of both the upper and lower abdomen.
Thank you for taking care of me from the top of my toes to the top of my feetYou not only treat me and your patients- but you also heal us as well. You are an extrodinary and phenomenal doctor who sincerely loves and takes care of her patients.
I am healthy without pain , thanks to Dr. Nguyen.My friend and customer came to see my one day at the bank and asked how I was feeling. After listening to me she said that she could help me with Laser Acupuncture. She eased my worry explaining that the treatment would not hurt. I made an appointment. To help me Dr Nguyen met me on my lunch hour. Since than I have had several treatments. I feel wonderful. I have no need for antibiotic or anti inflammatory medication. I am healthy without pain thanks to Dr Nguyen.
Dr Nguyen calming voiceThank you for making me feel calm as you worked on my face. Your gentle voice was soothing.